EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at www.ey.com/careersbelgium.
With this breadth of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
At this moment we are looking for a Junior General Ledger Accountant to start immediately.
Your tasks & responsibilities
Your are responsible of the control and input of several legal entities and for the management of different accounts/group of accounts, you will :
• Keep the statutory books for the dedicated legal entities
• Reconcile accounts with internal accounting details provided by the ERP system and prepare overviews
• Check that all documents are correctly posted following the BE Gaap, the accounting and internal procedures and that the analytic input is correct
• Prepare the monthly and yearly closings documents and accounting entries including the fiscal annexure/annual accounts
• Set up outstanding balance of intercompany matching
• Control and prepare accruals for the monthly closing
• Support external statutory and fiscal audits.
• You just obtained a Degree in Accounting
• No experience needed.
• Dutch or French speaker with a working knowledge of French/Dutch and English
• Team player
• Dynamic, proactive, rigorous, flexible, communicative and you have an analytic and solution oriented mind
• IT skills : good knowledge of Excel (Vlookup, Pivot table, …)
• Knowledge of SAP or Oracle is a plus
• Attention the Year and Close is in June : no vacation in June and July.
• An intellectually challenging role within a leading international company
• Personal development.
• An interesting salary package including fringe benefits.